In the local crime report from the Grand Rapids Police Department:
- On Thursday February 13th an automotive dealership on 4th Street NW reported a customer had a complaint against a former employee. It appears the terminated employee had taken approximately $4000 in parts ordered for the victim’s auto. The victim initially stated he did not want to press charges; however he changed his mind and the former employee was charged with theft.
- Also on Thursday a purse with a cell phone in it was reported stolen from a residence in Grand Rapids. The victim contacted her cellular provider and located her phone in the 400 block of Itasca Street; however it appeared to be moving. Law enforcement received a call stating that someone found a purse in the restroom at the coin operated laundry on Itasca Street. It was the missing purse and phone. Under investigation.
- A resident of 5th Street SE reported on Thursday that their mail had been stolen. She stated that she had a card that had been canceled due to the security breach at Target and her replacement card was reported as someone was attempting to use it at a fast food restaurant in Rochester.
- On Friday February 14th a customer of a retail outlet on 29th Street SE reported her purse with credit cards in it was missing. One of her cards was reportedly being used at an automated DVD rental kiosk. Under investigation.
- On Saturday February 15th a manager at a retail outlet on 29th Street SE reported they had chased an adult male shoplifter out of the store. He managed to get into a blue mini-van and leave the parking lot fortunately without the $163 in merchandise. There is a suspect.
- On Sunday February 16th an altercation occurred in the parking lot of a fraternal organization on Pokegama Avenue South. According to witnesses there was a shoving match between some of the individuals however none desired to press charges and the disorderly conduct was finished by the time law enforcement arrived.
- On Monday February 17th a report of missing prescription medications was received from 8th Street NE. It appears one of the residents was missing some pain killers and the suspect was the home health aid. Law enforcement located the suspect on her way home and stopped her vehicle. They obtained a search warrant for her vehicle and her person. The search located 29 pills and over $200 in cash. The suspect was arrested and charged with theft, possession of a controlled substance, her vehicle was forfeited, towed into impound and she was arrested.