It’s time to let the Itasca County Agriculture Association do what they do best- the Itasca County Fair. Davin Tinquist, Itasca County Board Chair, summed up the testimony after five people spoke in favor of the county’s reorganization of the Itasca County Fairground Park.
Tuesday, the Itasca County Board of Commissioners met in a work session and presented the county’s Master Plan for the Fairgrounds Park. A task force has been working on the plan for almost two years. Recommendations from the task force include:
• Develop standardized fees for building and facility rental to be approved by the County
• Board each year and publicize fees (county web site and the ICAA web site, Facebook
• Develop a long term capital improvement plan and budget for existing and future needs.
• Acquire additional lands adjacent/near the park to accommodate future needs and protect
• Make improvements to the Trailhead Building to align with its intended purpose
• Add area history and other community info for visitors.
• Seasonal staff or the campground host could be located here.
• Utilize Trailhead Building for more community training and programs such as youth ATV and snowmobile safety training.
• Develop park and trail interpretation program.
• Develop a marketing plan
• Publicize Park rental fees on the County and ICAA web sites.
• Improve signage at the park and out in the community to enhance public
• awareness of the park and hosted events.
• Improve ADA accessibility of park grounds.
• Study utilization of campground to determine need for expansion.
• Provide an on-site manager/campground host.